Estate Sale Auctions
Liquidation of estate assets of a loved one or business can be an emotional and intimidating process. My Auction Addiction assists families, trustees, executors and others in estate liquidation, auction services, downsizing, as well as business liquidation.
6 Easy Steps for Estate Sales by My Auction Addiction (and we do all the work!)
Step 1: We meet at the Estate and inventory and photograph all items you wish to sell
Step 2: We complete a comprehensive contract setting up an auction closing date and designated pickup time.
Step 3: Items are appraised and evaluated. An auction catalog is created with starting bids based upon the items value. Buyers can immediately start bidding.
Step 4: Conduct auction (on Site or timed closed depending on project) This is usually done 2 weeks after inventory
Step 5: All items are picked up and removed during a 3-5hr pick up window.
Step 6: You get paid within 10 days of your estate sale
- Who Needs the services of My Auction Addiction? When one is downsizing, closing a business or relocating or when one experiences the loss of a loved one.
- What is an estate or household sale? An Estate or household sale is the sale of personal property and anything of value in a short time frame.
- Do you charge for consultation? There is no charge for the initial consultation/evaluation of your property.
- How much does it cost? Our fee is competitive and is a percentage of the total sale. There are no upfront fees and our rates are up to HALF of other Estate Sale companies!
- What are the goals of an Estate Sale? To liquidate the Estate completely, leaving the home empty and ready for sale and achieve the highest possible financial return.
- How do you price items? Items are priced according to the current market value. Specialty items are carefully examined and extensive research is done to choose a starting bid.
- How is my property left after the sale? The house is left empty and ready for viewing.
- Do you offer other services? Other services can be discussed at the time of the initial consultation and evaluation of property. We can be flexible to your needs. We can also provide referrals for services we don’t provide such as realtors.
- How and when do I receive my money from the sale? You will receive your money after the sale within one week.
- Do real estate agents use your services? We have many realtors using our services and can provide referrals. We are also the only Estate Liquidator that belongs to the Realtors Association.
- Do I need Probate Court? The answer is very likely yes. To access bank accounts, sell property and fulfill the wishes in the will as the individual representative. Informal probate is quite simple, but does take 60-90 days.
- What should I throw or give away? Typically we prefer you call us first to consult. However, if it is trash with no recycle value, general clothing or food, it should be tossed or donated to charity.
- What should I keep? Items that you have a strong emotional tie to the loved one with. We simply cannot put a price on those items. Anything you can use at home. But don't risk turning your house into a storage facility! Be sure to have other heirs and family members see what they may want to keep.
- When should I call? As soon as you start the probate process so we can help evaluate the value and contents. Depending on whether there are creditors the sale could occur 30-90 days out. The sooner the process begins, the sooner the house can be sold.
Why My Auction Addiction?
You may ask, “Why don’t I just do my own estate sale?” The answer is simple, you can, but doing your own estate sale can be very difficult both emotionally and physically. Here’s why we think you should choose My Auction Addiction for your estate or the estate of a loved one.
➜ Low overhead means the lowest possible commissions
➜ Maximize income through competitive and long duration bidding
➜ Better suited for higher end Estates over old fashioned “Garage Sale” type Estate Sales
➜ We know what valuable items to look for
➜ We have a large database of thousands potential buyers providing your sale the maximum exposure while not exposing your property.
➜ Reduced time on site, extremely fast!
➜ Reduced traffic for location, only two employees on site and
only paid buyers come to location if you so choose.
➜Less people looking through your loved ones items
➜Ideal for restricted access or Rural communities.
➜ Complete inventory and reconciliation at no additional charge
➜ No theft loss
➜ Comprehensive evaluation of Estate